Saturday, February 05, 2005

Custom Wrist Watch

Months ago my wife mentioned that she would love to have a Banana Splits wrist watch. For the uninitiated, The Banana Splits was a wacky TV show which premiered in 1968. Four costumed characters, Fleagle, Drooper, Bingo and Snorky, frolicked and had fun in short segments then introduced cartoons & a live action segment titled Danger Island. The Banana Splits were unique and are fondly remembered by many children of the time. I myself am a fan and a member of an online fan club at http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/thebananasplits/ and being a finder of treasures I took on my wife’s challenge with gusto. The weeks rolled by and no luck. I used every online search engine and key word I could think of. No stone went unturned as I hunted down Collector’s corner Web Rings and Clock Shops, Watch sellers and manufacturers, importers, exporters, you name it. Even the garbage can of the world, eBay, with thousands of watches to choose from and Splits ephemeral galore, did not have what I sought.
I lucked out recently by meeting up with a fellow from Canada who makes Custom Personalized Wrist Watches. I had found two online companies who offered this service but their prices were high and you had to order in large quantity. The good Canadian was willing to make one-shots at a price lower than the bulk order companies sold at. Sweet! I sent off a International Money Order with artwork of Snorky (my wife’s favorite Split) on CD-ROM. Mind you, this was under $25US. And I had a choice of watch face dial style and band, too.
A little time went by and the Air Parcel package arrived. SWEET! This guy had done an incredible job on making the custom Snorky wrist watch. It was perfect. When my wife got home and saw it she flipped. I have not seen her that happy in a long time.
Since I had a good experience with this vendor I figured I’d let you know about him too. If you want to give yourself or a loved one a truly unique gift check it out at http://pages.infinit.net/fggl/memoris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home